The following websites are good resources for home energy efficiency, green products, or for info on other environmentally conscious organizations in the Chicagoland area
(links will open in a new browser window)
Perform your own Home Energy Audit with online self-assesment Tools
- The EPA's Energy Star home energy yardstick
- American Lung Association's Health House indoor air quality assessment
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's Home Energy Saver
Local Informaton and Organizations
- Center for Neighborhood Technology
- The University of Illinois Extension has a wealth of informaiton availabe on many topics
- Chicago Recycling Coalition For one place to find nearly complete information on the state of recycling in the City of Chicago.
- CNT energy (formerly the community energy cooperative).
- Chicago Energy Consultants is a proud partner of ENERGY STAR.
ENERGY STAR qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. EPA and U.S. DOE. The ENERGY STAR label also designates superior energy performance in homes and buildings.
The ENERGY STAR rating for homes can be used as a selling point on its own, proving that the certified home has lower energy consumption than other similar homes. The ENERGY STAR rating can also be used for points towards certification in many green or healthy building programs, including LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), and Chicago Green Homes.
- oneStep Realty
Shop online for energy efficient conservation products
- Check out our recommended items at Amazon.com
- Folks in ComEd's service area get up to 20% off at Energy Federation Incorporated's web store for ComEd (And if you complete the ComEd energy audit, you get $10 off an order)
Blower Door Information
- The Energy Conservatory The makers of the diagnostic equipment that Chicago Energy Consultants uses.
- Infiltec Another blower door manufacturer, with plenty of good building performance and safety information on their site.
© Chicago Energy Consultants, 2008 All rights reserved.